Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Each student leaves class with a six-ten minute showcase-able set of autobiographical material. The first half of the class is filled with funexercises to derive all the life experience that already lies within you. From that hilarious material, you will find your final piece. The second four weeks of the class focuses on polishing and perfecting your story, which will stand alone in the class show, but can also be a part of a bigger solo work.
Learn to dig inside your own life to find humorous, relate-able, material, which unifies an audience by making them laugh at their own experiences through your brave performance. Additional focus is on getting through the fear of being judged for our honesty, and true life experiences. In the past, many students have gone on to produce autobiographical one person shows, win at the Moth Storyslams, perform on the storytelling circuit, or complete their memoir.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|Creating a One Person Show||13 Feb|
|ONLINE Acting Coaching||Register interest|
|Game Refresher||Register interest|
|Advanced Study Harold: Different Harold Styles||Register interest|