Write a comedy pilot.
July 19 - September 13Tuesdays 6-9pm PTOnline
Session 1Tue Jul 19 18:00 PDT - Tue Jul 19 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Tue Jul 26 18:00 PDT - Tue Jul 26 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Tue Aug 02 18:00 PDT - Tue Aug 02 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Tue Aug 09 18:00 PDT - Tue Aug 09 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Tue Aug 23 18:00 PDT - Tue Aug 23 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Tue Aug 30 18:00 PDT - Tue Aug 30 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Tue Sep 06 18:00 PDT - Tue Sep 06 21:00 PDTOnline
Session 8Tue Sep 13 18:00 PDT - Tue Sep 13 21:00 PDTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
Event is fullJoin waiting list
- $600.00 excl. Tax
In this course, you will take an idea from a pitch all the way to a polished draft, getting feedback at each step as you go through this tough but really rewarding process. We'll talk about elements of a strong pilot concept, character creation, outline structure, and how to write dialogue that sounds like it comes from a human. And we'll do it in a supportive workshop environment where you'll be giving feedback on other projects as you work on your own.
This class will break down the pilot writing process into easily achieved weekly goals. You will leave with a completed draft that you can build on and use as a sample. If writing a pilot feels overwhelming, this is the class for you.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
Please check your schedule to make sure this class time works in your schedule.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television||Register interest|
|ONLINE TV Spec Script Writing||Register interest|
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television - Level 2||Register interest|