Write a comedy pilot.
October 19 - December 14Wednesdays 5-8pm PTOnline
Session 1Wed Oct 19 17:00 PDT - Wed Oct 19 20:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Wed Oct 26 17:00 PDT - Wed Oct 26 20:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Wed Nov 02 17:00 PDT - Wed Nov 02 20:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Wed Nov 09 17:00 PST - Wed Nov 09 20:00 PSTOnline
Session 5Wed Nov 16 17:00 PST - Wed Nov 16 20:00 PSTOnline
Session 6Wed Nov 30 17:00 PST - Wed Nov 30 20:00 PSTOnline
Session 7Wed Dec 07 17:00 PST - Wed Dec 07 20:00 PSTOnline
Session 8Wed Dec 14 17:00 PST - Wed Dec 14 20:00 PSTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
- $600.00 excl. Tax
In this course, you will take an idea from a pitch all the way to a polished draft, getting feedback at each step as you go through this tough but really rewarding process. We'll talk about elements of a strong pilot concept, character creation, outline structure, and how to write dialogue that sounds like it comes from a human. And we'll do it in a supportive workshop environment where you'll be giving feedback on other projects as you work on your own.
This class will break down the pilot writing process into easily achieved weekly goals. You will leave with a completed draft that you can build on and use as a sample. If writing a pilot feels overwhelming, this is the class for you.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
Please check your schedule to make sure this class time works in your schedule.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television - Level 2||Register interest|
|ONLINE TV Spec Script Writing||Register interest|
|TV Pitch Document Workshop with Spencer Griffin||Register interest|
|TV Pitch Document Workshop||Register interest|