Write a comedy pilot.
February 06 - March 27Mondays 6pm-9pm PTOnline
Session 1Mon Feb 06 18:00 - Mon Feb 06 21:00Online
Session 2Mon Feb 13 18:00 - Mon Feb 13 21:00Online
Session 3Mon Feb 20 18:00 - Mon Feb 20 21:00Online
Session 4Mon Feb 27 18:00 - Mon Feb 27 21:00Online
Session 5Mon Mar 06 18:00 - Mon Mar 06 21:00Online
Session 6Mon Mar 13 18:00 - Mon Mar 13 21:00Online
Session 7Mon Mar 20 18:00 - Mon Mar 20 21:00Online
Session 8Mon Mar 27 18:00 - Mon Mar 27 21:00Online8 - 3-hour Sessions
Register3 places remaining
- $600.00 excl. Tax
February 07 - March 28Tuesdays 6pm-9pm PTOnline
Session 1Tue Feb 07 18:00 - Tue Feb 07 21:00Online
Session 2Tue Feb 14 18:00 - Tue Feb 14 21:00Online
Session 3Tue Feb 21 18:00 - Tue Feb 21 21:00Online
Session 4Tue Feb 28 18:00 - Tue Feb 28 21:00Online
Session 5Tue Mar 07 18:00 - Tue Mar 07 21:00Online
Session 6Tue Mar 14 18:00 - Tue Mar 14 21:00Online
Session 7Tue Mar 21 18:00 - Tue Mar 21 21:00Online
Session 8Tue Mar 28 18:00 - Tue Mar 28 21:00Online8 - 3-hour Sessions
Event is fullJoin waiting list
- $600.00 excl. Tax
In this course, you will take an idea from a pitch all the way to a polished draft, getting feedback at each step as you go through this tough but really rewarding process. We'll talk about elements of a strong pilot concept, character creation, outline structure, and how to write dialogue that sounds like it comes from a human. And we'll do it in a supportive workshop environment where you'll be giving feedback on other projects as you work on your own.
This class will break down the pilot writing process into easily achieved weekly goals. You will leave with a completed draft that you can build on and use as a sample. If writing a pilot feels overwhelming, this is the class for you.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
Please check your schedule to make sure this class time works in your schedule.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|TV Pitch Document Workshop||Register interest|
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television||Register interest|
|TV Pitch Document Workshop with Spencer Griffin||Register interest|
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television - Level 2||Register interest|