Write a spec script for an existing show.
September 10 - November 05Saturdays 12-3pm PTOnline
Session 1Sat Sep 10 12:00 PDT - Sat Sep 10 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Sat Sep 17 12:00 PDT - Sat Sep 17 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Sat Sep 24 12:00 PDT - Sat Sep 24 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Sat Oct 01 12:00 PDT - Sat Oct 01 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Sat Oct 08 12:00 PDT - Sat Oct 08 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Sat Oct 15 12:00 PDT - Sat Oct 15 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Sat Oct 22 12:00 PDT - Sat Oct 22 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 8Sat Oct 29 12:00 PDT - Sat Oct 29 15:00 PDTOnline
NOTES SESSIONSat Nov 05 12:00 PDT - Sat Nov 05 15:00 PDTOnline9 - 3-hour Sessions
- $600.00 excl. Tax
Writing for TV Level 1
In this class students will write a spec script for an existing show. All aspects of the process will be covered, from coming up with original stories, to pitching an episode idea, outlining it, writing a first draft, then rewriting it based on feedback. The class will be run as closely to a real writers’ room as possible, with feedback from all students encouraged, as this is part of the actual sitcom writing process. At the end of the class, students will walk away with a full spec script.
Students will be expected to participate extensively in class discussions.
In addition to 8 group meetings, class also includes a half-hour one-on-one session with instructor at the conclusion of 8 weeks to go over the entire script point by point.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
NOTE: CLASS MEETS AT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)
To join the online class email list for new classes, special events and discounts visit: eepurl.com/hbKC05
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at anytime with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|TV Pitch Document Workshop||Register interest|
|TV Pitch Document Workshop with Spencer Griffin||21 Aug|
|ONLINE Writing for Animated Television - Level 2||Register interest|
|ONLINE Pilot Writing||25 Aug|