Writer's Room ONLINE
September 06 - October 25Tuesdays 4-7pm PTOnline
Session 1Tue Sep 06 16:00 PDT - Tue Sep 06 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Tue Sep 13 16:00 PDT - Tue Sep 13 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Tue Sep 20 16:00 PDT - Tue Sep 20 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Tue Sep 27 16:00 PDT - Tue Sep 27 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Tue Oct 04 16:00 PDT - Tue Oct 04 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Tue Oct 11 16:00 PDT - Tue Oct 11 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Tue Oct 18 16:00 PDT - Tue Oct 18 19:00 PDTOnline
Session 8Tue Oct 25 16:00 PDT - Tue Oct 25 19:00 PDTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
Event is fullJoin waiting list
- $525.00 excl.
This class will help you foster your individual voice as a writer as you are held to weekly writing deadlines. This class will offer you opportunities to pitch ideas to others and collaborate with other students on assignments in class. You will also get to hone individual pieces through rewriting.
Students must bring a sketch to the FIRST session of class. This sketch should be no longer than four pages. This first sketch should be written utilizing the concept of the "Game of the Scene," taught in Sketch 101. Students should be prepared to devote time outside of class to completing new writing assignments for every session.
The class will end with each student receiving individual feedback from the instructor on their own sketch packet.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
NOTE: CLASS MEETS AT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)
Must have completed Sketch 101 at UCB within the last two years.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.