Sketch Comedy Writing - ONLINE
September 27 - November 15Tuesdays 7-10pm PTOnline
Session 1Tue Sep 27 19:00 PDT - Tue Sep 27 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Tue Oct 04 19:00 PDT - Tue Oct 04 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Tue Oct 11 19:00 PDT - Tue Oct 11 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Tue Oct 18 19:00 PDT - Tue Oct 18 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Tue Oct 25 19:00 PDT - Tue Oct 25 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Tue Nov 01 19:00 PDT - Tue Nov 01 22:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Tue Nov 08 19:00 PST - Tue Nov 08 22:00 PSTOnline
Session 8Tue Nov 15 19:00 PST - Tue Nov 15 22:00 PSTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
Event is fullJoin waiting list
- $525.00 excl.
October 01 - November 19Saturdays 9am-12pm PTOnline
Session 1Sat Oct 01 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 01 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Sat Oct 08 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 08 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Sat Oct 15 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 15 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Sat Oct 22 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 22 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Sat Oct 29 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 29 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Sat Nov 05 09:00 PDT - Sat Nov 05 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Sat Nov 12 09:00 PST - Sat Nov 12 12:00 PSTOnline
Session 8Sat Nov 19 09:00 PST - Sat Nov 19 12:00 PSTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
Register4 places remaining
- $525.00 excl.
This course is an introduction to the UCB philosophy on sketch comedy, specifically using "the game" to write short comedic scenes. Each week students will engage in writing exercises that will explore different sketch formats. Students will be exposed to different methods for turning funny ideas into even funnier written sketches. Students will leave the class with an understanding of popular sketch formats and a portfolio of writing.
No prior sketch writing experience is necessary -- the only requirement for this class is a desire to write and learn. Students should have access to a computer and printer and be prepared to work outside of class, preparing sketches for presentation in every class.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at anytime with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.