Sketch Comedy Writing - ONLINE
August 24 - October 12Wednesdays 12-3pm PTOnline
Session 1Wed Aug 24 12:00 PDT - Wed Aug 24 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Wed Aug 31 12:00 PDT - Wed Aug 31 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Wed Sep 07 12:00 PDT - Wed Sep 07 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Wed Sep 14 12:00 PDT - Wed Sep 14 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Wed Sep 21 12:00 PDT - Wed Sep 21 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Wed Sep 28 12:00 PDT - Wed Sep 28 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Wed Oct 05 12:00 PDT - Wed Oct 05 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 8Wed Oct 12 12:00 PDT - Wed Oct 12 15:00 PDTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
- $525.00 excl.
August 27 - October 22Saturdays 9am-12pm PTOnline
Session 1Sat Aug 27 09:00 PDT - Sat Aug 27 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Sat Sep 10 09:00 PDT - Sat Sep 10 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Sat Sep 17 09:00 PDT - Sat Sep 17 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Sat Sep 24 09:00 PDT - Sat Sep 24 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Sat Oct 01 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 01 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 6Sat Oct 08 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 08 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 7Sat Oct 15 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 15 12:00 PDTOnline
Session 8Sat Oct 22 09:00 PDT - Sat Oct 22 12:00 PDTOnline8 - 3-hour Sessions
Register1 place remaining
- $525.00 excl.
This course is an introduction to the UCB philosophy on sketch comedy, specifically using "the game" to write short comedic scenes. Each week students will engage in writing exercises that will explore different sketch formats. Students will be exposed to different methods for turning funny ideas into even funnier written sketches. Students will leave the class with an understanding of popular sketch formats and a portfolio of writing.
No prior sketch writing experience is necessary -- the only requirement for this class is a desire to write and learn. Students should have access to a computer and printer and be prepared to work outside of class, preparing sketches for presentation in every class.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at anytime with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.