Sketch Comedy Writing - ONLINE
April 16 - June 04Sundays 3pm-6pm PTOnline
Session 1Sun Apr 16 15:00 - Sun Apr 16 18:00Online
Session 2Sun Apr 23 15:00 - Sun Apr 23 18:00Online
Session 3Sun Apr 30 15:00 - Sun Apr 30 18:00Online
Session 4Sun May 07 15:00 - Sun May 07 18:00Online
Session 5Sun May 14 15:00 - Sun May 14 18:00Online
Session 6Sun May 21 15:00 - Sun May 21 18:00Online
Session 7Sun May 28 15:00 - Sun May 28 18:00Online
Session 8Sun Jun 04 15:00 - Sun Jun 04 18:00Online8 - 3-hour Sessions
Register4 places remaining
- $525.00 excl.
April 29 - June 24Saturdays 11am-2pm PTOnline
Session 1Sat Apr 29 11:00 - Sat Apr 29 14:00Online
Session 2Sat May 06 11:00 - Sat May 06 14:00Online
Session 3Sat May 13 11:00 - Sat May 13 14:00Online
Session 4Sat May 20 11:00 - Sat May 20 14:00Online
Session 5Sat Jun 03 11:00 - Sat Jun 03 14:00Online
Session 6Sat Jun 10 11:00 - Sat Jun 10 14:00Online
Session 7Sat Jun 17 11:00 - Sat Jun 17 14:00Online
Session 8Sat Jun 24 11:00 - Sat Jun 24 14:00Online8 - 3-hour Sessions
Register2 places remaining
- $525.00 excl.
This course is an introduction to the UCB philosophy on sketch comedy, specifically using "the game" to write short comedic scenes. Each week students will engage in writing exercises that will explore different sketch formats. Students will be exposed to different methods for turning funny ideas into even funnier written sketches. Students will leave the class with an understanding of popular sketch formats and a portfolio of writing.
No prior sketch writing experience is necessary -- the only requirement for this class is a desire to write and learn. Students should have access to a computer and printer and be prepared to work outside of class, preparing sketches for presentation in every class.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at anytime with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|Sketch 101||10 Apr|