Game of the Scene-ONLINE
August 24 - October 19Wednesdays 2-4:30pm PTOnline
Session 1Wed Aug 24 14:00 PDT - Wed Aug 24 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 2Wed Aug 31 14:00 PDT - Wed Aug 31 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 3Wed Sep 07 14:00 PDT - Wed Sep 07 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 4Wed Sep 14 14:00 PDT - Wed Sep 14 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 5Wed Sep 21 14:00 PDT - Wed Sep 21 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 6Wed Sep 28 14:00 PDT - Wed Sep 28 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 7Wed Oct 05 14:00 PDT - Wed Oct 05 16:30 PDTOnline
Session 8Wed Oct 12 14:00 PDT - Wed Oct 12 16:30 PDTOnline
CLASS SHOWWed Oct 19 14:00 PDT - Wed Oct 19 15:00 PDTYouTube8 Sessions
- $400.00 excl.
THIS CLASS IS HELD ENTIRELY ONLINE
The UCB Training Center teaches quality comedic scenes which focus on one central comedic idea: referred to as "The Game" of the scene.
Students will be taught:
1) Identifying "games"
2) Heightening - finding new ways to make your scenes get funnier from start to finish
3) Realizing how patterns support the "game"
4) Second beats (returning to scenes later in a piece).
Course meets for 8 sessions, each 2 hours long. There is one class performance after the final session.
Must have completed Improv 101 at UCB within the last two years.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
NOTE: CLASS MEETS AT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB House Team.