By visiting the Sites, or using any of our Services, you agree that information describing or relating to you (“Personal Information”) will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Sites or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information directly from users and automatically through use of our Sites or Services.
a) Personal Information We Collect Directly from You
The Personal Information we collect from you depends on how you use our Sites and Services, but usually includes the following categories:
- Contact information, including full name, mailing address, email, and phone number.
- Payment or financial information, including your billing address (but not your credit card information, as we use Stripe as a payment gateway).
- Login information, including your UCB account password.
- Purchase history, including the list of courses for which you have registered, taken, or are waitlisted.
- Demographic information, including your pronouns.
b) Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect Personal Information about your use of our Sites through cookies and other technologies, including:
- Country or region information (derived from your IP address);
- Browser type;
- Pages viewed and activities conducted;
- Links clicked;
- IP address;
- Length of session;
- Referring URL for the website;
- Advertising ID;
- Operating system, name, and version.
2. Our Purposes for Processing Personal Information
We process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Creating a User Account. When you create an account on our Sites, we use the Personal Information you provide to create your user account.
- Registering you for Courses. When you register for a course, such as our improv, sketch comedy, writing, or performance courses, we use the Personal Information you provide to register you for the course and communicate with you regarding any changes, updates, or cancellations.
- Processing your Ticket Orders. When you purchase tickets to shows through out Sites we use the Personal Information you provide to issue you a ticket to your selected show(s).
- Casting. When you submit Personal Information in response to a casting call on our Sites we use the Personal Information you provide to manage the casting process.
- Operating Services and Sites and Providing Related Support. We use Personal Information to provide and operate our Sites and Services, communicate with you about your use of the Sites and Services, provide troubleshooting and technical support, communicate with you, and for similar service and support purposes.
- Responding to Inquiries. We use Personal Information to respond to your questions and requests.
- Analyzing and Improving Services, our Sites, and our Business. We use Personal Information to better understand how users access and use the Sites and Services, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations and to develop additional Services and features.
- Marketing Communications. We may use Personal Information to send you information about our courses, newsletters, or any other information that you sign up to receive.
- Market Research and Customer Satisfaction: We may use Personal Information administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- Complying with Legal Obligations. We may use Personal Information to comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose Personal Information in response to subpoenas, court order, and other lawful requests by regulators and law enforcement.
- Business Transfers. We may use Personal Information to consider and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and other business transactions.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may share the categories of Personal Information with our vendors and agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers vendors and agents include payment processors, cloud storage and web-hosting providers, and individuals who lead and provide the courses we offer through the Sites.
4. Tracking and Advertising Choices
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work.
5. State Privacy Laws
We are not currently subject to any U.S. state omnibus privacy laws, and therefore may not respond to a request you submit relating to these laws. If this changes, or if we update our practices to voluntarily comply, we will update this section of our Policy.
6. Do Not Track
We do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals because there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit All About Do Not Track (https://allaboutdnt.com/).
8. Collection and Transfer to the United States
Our Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be collected or transferred to the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection your home country. By using our site, participating in any of our services, and/or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your Personal Information to the United States.
9. External Links
When you use the Sites, you may find links to other websites we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before proceeding to that site.
10. Legal Disclaimer
Nothing in this Policy restricts our ability to:
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution of UCB, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of UCB.
11. Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Last Updated date at the top. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites.
12. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected] or by mail at:
Upright Citizens Brigade
407 N. Maple, Suite 100
Beverly Hills, CA 90210