Develop your own animated show
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
WRITING FOR ANIMATED TELEVISION with Matt Price
There are more animated shows on TV than ever before, including ground-breaking series like “Rick & Morty,” “Bojack Horseman” and “Steven Universe.” In this class, we’ll work on many different aspects of animation writing, including fleshing out fully-realized animated characters and universes, creating detailed episode outlines, and focusing on the differences between writing for animation and live-action. Throughout the eight weeks, we’ll use all of these tools to develop your own animated show, and in our last session, you will pitch your show to the class.
Important note - you do not need to know to how to draw for this class. This class will help develop your skills and voice as a writer in animation. If you can draw, that’s great, but we won’t be working on that (mainly because I can’t draw). Students will have weekly deadlines and should be prepared to devote time outside of class to writing and rewriting assignments for every session.
NOTE THIS CLASS MEETS ON PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
There is work outside of class, preparing sketches for presentation in every class and viewing sketch videos. This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB Theatre House Team.
|Writing for Animated Television - Level 2||Register interest|
|Pilot Writing||17 May|
|Writing for TV Level 1||Register interest|