A Few Good Men
We proudly present three more reasons to pay homage to the mid-'80s, with the next crop of bright young things.
Clark Duke, 25: The Straight Man
Dave Franco, 25: The Breakout
Donald Glover, 27: The Quadruple Threat
Comedian, former 30 Rock writer, star of NBC's Community, and serious rapper. (Well, not too serious: His album Culdesac features lyrics a la "crowd at my shows more mixed than Rashida Jones.")
Do you think you can keep all this up?
It's the same as asking, Do you think you'll live forever? No. But I'm going to try! Also, I'm working on a device that will make me live forever.
When did you realize you'd crossed over into adulthood?
The first time my dentist said, "You have to start flossing. Gum activity is related to heart activity." They never say that to kids. That's legit adult shit.
When Elle touched down 25 years ago, Wham's "Careless Whisper" topped the charts, Back to the Future ruled, The Cosby Show was number one -- and a new generation of smart, talented, game-changing artists, filmmakers, actresses, and activists were busy being born. What will these 25-somethings do with the next 25 years? We can't wait to see.
1. Anna Kendrick: actress, scene-stealer
2. Lauren Bush: activist, pedigreed designer
3. Gabourey Sidibe: actress, Hollywood cliche slayer
4. Lea Michele: actress, Gleek heroine
5. Aurel Schmidt: artist, NYC scenester
6. Susanna Lau (aka Susie Bubble): blogger, UK stylephile
7. Chloe Malle: journalist, high-profile offspring
8. Lindsey Vonn: skier, Olympic medalist
9. Megan Fox: actress, bombshell
10. Sarah Lane: ballerina, American Ballet Theatre soloist
11. Dianna Agron: actress, Gleek convert
12. Greta Gerwig: actress, mumblecore queen
13. Grace & Mamie Gummer: actresses, Meryl Streep's progeny
14. Amanda Blank: singer and rapper, indie phenom
15. Meghan McCain: blogger, GOP rabble-rouser
16. Melanie Fiona: singer, Motown reviver
17. Camilla Belle: actress, fashion muse
18. Isabel Lucas: actress, eco warrior
19. Aubrey Plaza: actress, (deadpan) funny girl
Credits: Seth Rogen heartbreaker in Judd Apatow's Funny People; bone-dry office intern April on NBC's Parks and Recreation
To do before she's 30: "I want to have as many babies as I can. I'll just crank them out on hiatuses."
Age she feels: "Professionally, I feel like a little baby who doesn't know how to eat. Socially, like a 60-year-old because I never go out."
20. Amanda Seyfried: actress, box-office sweetheart
21. Janelle Monae: singer, Diddy protege
22. Mila Kunis: actress, male obsession
23. Olivia Thirlby: actress, indie ingenue
24. Lauren Conrad: ex-reality TV star, novelist
25. Bar Refaeli: model, "the body" circa 2010